Effective Help For Child Custody Disputes
Child custody is one of the most heart-wrenching and difficult decisions involved in any divorce. Issues involving where a child will reside, who will make decisions for the child, and access to the child, tend to be some of the most intractable in any divorce. At Weinstein, Kaplan & Cohen, P.C., in Garden City, New York, we are committed to helping parents make child custody decisions that are in the best interest of their children.
We Protect The Best Interests Of Children
Our attorneys work with parents to develop child custody and visitation agreements that are in the best interest of the child, while protecting both parents’ desire to be involved in their child’s life.
When making custody decisions, a number of considerations are contemplated, including:
- Emotional bond between each parent and the child
- The impact of custody decisions on the child’s welfare, including changing schools and moving away from friends
- The lifestyle of the parent
- The ability of the parents to care for the child
- The preference of an older child
- The parent’s past practice in dividing the role of caregiver for their children
We work closely with our clients to create effective child custody and visitation arrangements. We strive to develop child custody agreements that allow both parents to be involved in their parent’s lives. While our objective is to work out parenting arrangements through mediation and arbitration, we are skilled litigators with the experience to handle contested child custody matters.